Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I've Been Tagged, Dagnabbit.



So Britt of Have Fun Do Good tagged me for a meme, 8 random facts about me. Matirose tagged me for the same meme a week or so ago, and I never got around to posting.

Here are the rules:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they've been tagged


Okay, but I don't know eight bloggers. Just warning you.

8 Random Facts about Me

1) When I was a kid, I hated vegetables and fruit. Now, vegetables are always the first thing I taste on my plate, but I'm still icked out by citrus fruits, raisins, and tomatoes.

2) I was raised in a very devoutly Christian household in which drinking only occurred on major holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving, in the form of one glass of wine. Now, it kind of doesn't occur to me to have a drink about 90% of the time, even when I'm surrounded by drunken revelry. I'm glad about this.

3) The best movie I've seen so far this year is The Lives of Others.

4) One of the best hair products I've ever discovered is called Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol. I gather that it's primarily an african-american hair product, and it makes my dry hair look smooth and non-crunchy. Best of all, an enormous tub of the stuff costs about two dollars! It's true.


5) I have always hated my name, but I've learned to live with it.

6) Hearing the Velvet Underground changed my life irrevocably.

7) Thinking about Spain or Argentina fills me with longing, and I wonder when I'll visit a foreign country again.

8) I would rather live in an apartment building on a crowded city block than a house, anywhere.

I'm tagging Kim, Monica, Chris, Margaret, Hugh, Mark, and Sarah.

5 comments:

Margie in Oakland said...

No! Tagged twice...must perform...crap.

Margie in Oakland said...

I just re-tagged you out of desperation. Is that bad form? Is it cheating? I want out!

Kim said...

I just watched "The Lives of Others" over the weekend and I must agree it's one of the best movies I think I've ever seen. And the lengthy interview with the director/screenwriter on the DVD was nearly as good as the film.

Linda said...

Margie, you can't tag me twice! I don't think, anyway. But your random facts were good...

Sarah Goss said...

The deed is done. Prepare to be astonished, enraptured, transported, and mesmerized by my responses, nay, my revelations. To warn you is only fair... you may need to wear sunglasses as your eyes take in my brilliance.